Wednesday, October 3, 2012

17 weeks {Bumpdate}

I popped this week!  Check my baby belly out at 16 weeks here.

How far along: 17 weeks

Weight gain/loss: Gained 3 pounds this week (yikes!) for a total of four pounds.  


Feeling:  Great!  I was able to exercise five times this week.  Exercise is an essential part of my day.  It lifts my mood and helps keep me energized.

Maternity clothes:  Last week I packed up all my regular pants.  I have been wearing maternity pants proudly ever since!  I can still wear many regular tops, depending on the pants.  I am not a fan of the stretchy maternity panel peeking out and some of my regular tops are just too short.

Stretch marks:  No, no, no.

Sleep: I am getting plenty.  Weekend naps are happening because I can, not because I need to. 

Best moment this week:  My mom and dad arrived in town!  They'll be here for only short two weeks, but I plan on getting some shopping time in with my mom.


Food cravings: Cheeseburgers.  I really needed some meat this week.  I cooked up a giant burger with 100% organic grass fed beef on Sunday night and it hit the spot.  

Gender:  I had another boy baby dream this week.  We will be finding out next week and I can hardly wait.  I have no idea how people can go 40 weeks without knowing.  I am not that kind of person.


Movement: Seems like I have been feeling little flutters.  "They" say you usually feel your second (third, etc.) baby sooner than the first and I felt Leila at 18 weeks.  I have said before that I thought I felt movement, but honestly it's nothing like what is to come.

What I miss: Fall.  The rest of the country is enjoying cooler weather and I am here still sweating day after day, like it's summer or something.  Luckily I am not into the third trimester so the weather has only been bugging my mood, not making my ankles swell.

What I'm looking forward to: The level two ultrasound on next Wednesday morning.  Of course I want to know the gender of this baby, but I really want to make sure he/she is growing properly.

Weekly wisdom: I promised myself I would not start thinking of baby names until we know the gender.  I can't help myself and it's okay...I am the one who made the silly rule in the first place.


Milestones: I popped this week.  I woke up looking pregnant for the first time today.  Usually it takes a meal or even just a glass of water to make my belly stick out. I still am self-conscious that I just look like I have a beer belly so I've been sticking it out more in public since it cannot be sucked in anymore.

Due date: 3-13-13 


161 days until Leila is a big sister!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...