Friday, March 29, 2013

I'm getting in the picture

Back in October I wrote about my biggest mistake as a rookie mom, as well as a list of other things I plan to do differently this time around. (Surprise! I'm not totally failing at this!) I am a work in progress and I am slowly learning to let go of control.

A friend sent me some encouraging words when I was having a particularly rough day. She told me to lower my expectations for at least the first month. I took these words to heart and am pleased with myself today that my kids are both safe and fed today. Yep, that's about all I am going to expect from myself today. Maybe tomorrow (or next week) I will add to my short list of expectations (a shower would be nice).

This guy got circumcised on Tuesday. Yikes! Boy moms, why didn't anyone warn me about this?! 

The biggest mistake I made as a first time mom was not being in photos the days, weeks, even months after Leila was born. I was extremely unhappy with how I looked after I put on a whopping 50 pounds of baby weight. Later, I was even more unhappy that I had two pictures of me and her together (both of terrible quality) when she was a newborn.

Although the opportunity hasn't been presented very often for me to jump in front of the camera, I am not afraid of getting my picture snapped. I'm even less afraid of posting it on the internet for everyone to see. (I even plan to print this one for Carson's baby book.)

I'm not doing it for me. I'm doing it for them. I love seeing old pictures of my mother and no matter what she's wearing or when she last showered, I always think she is beautiful. I can only hope Leila and Carson will feel the same way about me. 

Wearing my pajamas, no make-up, and not sure of when I showered last. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...