Although I know better than to think I am actually the one in control (Proof I'm not a newbie anymore!), there are things I will definitely try do again with baby number 2 and things that I plan to do differently the second time around.
With baby #2 I will definitely try to...
- Breastfeed again, and maybe even longer this time since I won't be going back to work.
- Sleep train this baby as early as possible. Me without sleep = crazy person.
- Wear baby #2 in the Ergo carrier.
- Take monthly pictures of baby #2 to document all the physical changes in the first year.
- Limit pacifier use to the crib, stroller, and car seat after the first three months (and then eventually just in the crib).
I have confidence that those things will happen again. I've done them before. I have experience making them work. Doing things differently, well that will be more challenging.
This time around I plan to...
- Sleep when the baby sleeps just to prove to myself that I can.
- Deal with a messy house instead of allowing the mess to consume me.
- Not be so hard on myself. I am not perfect and I will not panic when things don't go as planned.
- Give my husband the freedom to do things his way.
- Always be late. I am not even going to stress out over trying to be anywhere on time. I will be implementing a 30 minute window rule for our arrival.
- Pretend I am not being judged. We all know it happens. This time around I will be too busy to care.
- Get in the picture. My biggest rookie mom mistake was not wanting to have my picture taken for months after Leila was born. I even made my family and friends promise not to take any pictures of me in the hospital. Pathetic huh?
|I did allow Jeff to snap some pictures at the hospital after I finally took a shower. |
I deleted almost all of them. Huge regret.
I find it extremely difficult to venture out of my comfort zone. Changing behaviors is never easy. But I'm not a rookie anymore.
Time to fess up Mommas. What will you be doing differently the second (or third) time around? What was your biggest newbie mom mistake?