I love looking in baby name books, online lists, listening for catchy names I hear on television, and of course, I love the names people share as suggestions. Our list is growing and being edited on a regular basis.
I have a strange set of name "rules" to be followed, so I have no shame in ruling out a suggested name.
|This guy thinks I am crazy, but happily plays by the rules. He's sweet...he just said that he likes that I am crazy. "It makes you- you. Otherwise life would be boring."|
My baby naming rules:
- The name, when written, cannot go below the line. No lowercase y, p, g, j, or q allowed.
- There are also some uppercase letters that I just don't like writing so they are out too. (Told you they were strange rules.) I don't particularly like writing the uppercase letters G, Y, A, or F.
- The name of my child my NOT be one of a pesky student that I had. I taught for eleven years...that rules out a lot of names.
- I will not name my child the same name as a friend. Friend can be a loose term these days with Facebook, Twitter, and all the blogs I read. Since I make the rules, I can decide whether or not this friend's child's name is a contender or not.
- For those of you who know us personally, you know that our last name can be tricky to match up with a first name. (Trust me on this one.) It is a hard sounding, one syllable last name that starts with an S. So guess what...S names are out too. (Jeff would beg to differ, but I make the rules remember!)
- My son and daughter will not both start with the same letter, so L names are out. We are already Jeff and Jen...Leila and L-something would be too much for me.
So, think you could suggest a BOY name for us? Or do my rules scare you? Think of it as a challenge and help us name this baby!