Friday, April 19, 2013

My gut

(Not the flabby one.) 

My instinct. 

Often times when I get or give advice it's, follow your instinct or go with your gut. Great advice. It is usually right. 

Except...what if your gut isn't telling you anything? What if your motherly instinct is temporarily clouded? (Not because of the wine.) Then what...?

Ask Twitter and Facebook of course! 

I've been wondering if I should still be waking Carson every 2.5 - 3 hours during the day to nurse. He's been gaining weight like he should be and is waking twice on his own at night to eat. Seems like what I am doing is working. So why mess with it? 

I'm curious.

There are two opposing viewpoints and I don't believe in either wholeheartedly. Never wake a sleeping baby vs. nurse every 2.5-3 hours. Twitter told me to never wake a sleeping baby and Facebook told me to wake to eat during the day.

I'm curious to find out which one works for us. Although it seems like what we are doing is working, could it work better? Could I have a workout, a shower, and time for my to-do list during Leila's three hour nap if I allow Carson to sleep that long too? Sounds ideal. 

I think my gut just told me something.

He's enjoying a nap and I am enjoying some me time. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...