Thursday, April 25, 2013

Six weeks later {Postpartum life}

If you could see the half-folded laundry on the couch or the dishes in the sink, this would be the perfect photo describing our life the past six weeks. 

Toddler meltdown. Smiling baby.
Someone is always crying, fussing, or whining (this includes the adults). Toys and baby gear are scattered about. Chores are half finished. The television is on the Disney Jr. channel. Someone is eating. Always.

It's crazy. At times the crazy drives me crazy. Other times I can go with the flow and not stress out. Wine helps. Getting out of the house helps. Knowing that "this too shall pass" helps.

I am excited to go back to work and to begin an exercise routine. I have my 6 week postpartum check-up tomorrow and my maternity leave is officially over on Tuesday. I am ready to slowly get my body back, wear regular clothes, do my hair and make-up, and spend time fueling my passion for teaching. 

I'll be training for a 5K, using the well-known Couch to 5K program, for a fun run this July. I know it will take time to lose the last 15 pounds (yikes!), especially when I plan to be nursing Carson as long as I possibly can. 

I also plan to BE KIND to myself and not hate on my body during this process. This is it. No more kids. No rush to get back into shape before the next baby. My plan is to go back to my healthy and active lifestyle, whatever that may look like with all the new changes in my life.

You bet I am still wearing maternity pant! My pooch is way worse without the panel sucking me in.

Six weeks later...
  • I am still sweating at night.
  • My deodorant is no longer doing it's job during the day either, but Jeff''s is.
  • I am starving but having trouble finding time to eat, grocery shop, and prepare meals.
  • My hair is always in a pony-tail.
  • I've had one pedicure.
  • I am not nearly as tired as I thought I would be (despite the tired look on my face in the picture).
  • And the laundry still doesn't do itself.
  • Carson has only peed on me once but in his own face twice.
  • We leave the house daily.
  • I love rocking my baby to sleep.
  • I STILL need a new blog name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...