Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Two-year old Favorites {Toy Edition}

Leila just turned two and received some toys for her birthday that quickly turned into favorites.  Although I may have suggested a few of these gifts, none of the gifts from Jeff and I have made it on this list. (Go figure!)

1.  See that stroller?   Yep, Leila loves it.  Two-year old kids love pushing anything and her stroller is a favorite because I have one too.  She pushed her stroller (ditching it only a few times along the way) all the way to Aunt Val's house last weekend.  Luckily I convinced her that I did not also need to push a stroller with a baby doll in it.  Not to say that it won't happen in the future.

2.  Remember the Magna Doodle?  This toy has been played with daily since she got it.  I think she likes the fact that she can "color" whenever she wants without me nagging to keep the crayons on the table.  Leila was able to erase her pictures easily from the start, but prefers erasing mine.

3.  Books, books, and more books.  After I read a book to Leila she insists that it's her turn to read it.  Sometimes she can recall the text based on the pictures, other times she just reads in her head (I guess?!?).  The best books are the ones that we have two of- a board book and a regular copy.  This way we can read at the same time.  Like a typical two-year old, Leila loves to hear the same books over and over again.  I don't mind, with all the practice I get really good at reading them aloud with expression.


4.  This kitchen set took Jeff five (golf watching) hours to put together.  I swear it is nicer than my real kitchen.  She cooks, washes dishes, does laundry, and cleans up just like Mommy.  It has been a great distraction while I actually do those things.  Leila has been interested in doing "all things Mommy" for quite a while now, but I am glad we waited until she turned two for a kitchen set because she really knows how to play with it now.

With Christmas less than three months away I will be checking out other lists of Favorite Toddler Toys that have linked up with Melissa for Toddle Along Tuesday.

Go check them out...



Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...