Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mom-ish

Almost two years into motherhood, I can firmly say that having a child changes things. (Even the little things!)

But you already knew that.

I have to go to bed early so I can keep up with my toddler's energy. I wipe boogers with my sleeve. I get a hangover from two (very large) glasses of wine. I wear a ponytail seven days a week. I never leave the house without baby wipes. I schedule my day around nap time. I sing in public, loudly.

Expected changes, right?

What I didn't expect was NOT changing how I see myself.

I expected to see myself as I see other moms.  Mom-ish. Whether it be frazzled or put together, in yoga pants or heels, they all seem like moms.

Surprisingly, I don't see myself as mom-ish even though I clearly am.

I am stuck somewhere between my perception of what a mom is and what I am...just me!



600
Mom-ish: Ponytail, comfortable shoes, little make-up, causal clothes, child


Writing this ensures my words will come back to haunt me in years (or months) when I am feeling like nothing else but mom-ish.


Have you become mom-ish?  Or, like me, were you maybe a little mom-ish to begin with?


Linking up again this week with Melissa over at Growing up Geeky.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...