Friday, September 17, 2010

If I hang them....

...she will come. The one and only movie quote I know is from "Field of Dreams", not because I am a huge fan of Kevin Costner, baseball, or fields in general, but for some reason the quote, "If you build it, they will come." stuck with me all these years. So now, four (4, quatro, IV, 肆) days until my due date I cannot get my version of the movie quote out of my head. This led me to get a move on finishing and hanging the wooden name letters for her nursery.

Valerie and I started working on these letter quite some time ago by painting and then sanding the sides of each letter for a distressed vintage look. After at least a month of staring at them she came over last week for some more crafting. We choose the scrapbook paper we liked the best, traced each letter onto the back of the paper, and cut it out just a bit inside the pencil line. We used Mod Podge to adher the paper to the front of each letter and then coated the top of the paper with more Mod Podge for a finished look. Ta da...
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...