Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lately

It's been all about change around here.

Just the other day this butterfly princess turned me into a frog, a lion, and a tiger.

I went back to work two weeks ago. I love it. I love working part time, the time alone, the time to do what I'm passionate about. Knowing that it is only two days per week and only until the end of the school year, makes the pumping and less sleep bearable. This is the idea job for me right now and I hope it works out in my favor for next year.

Jeff has been home with the kids one day while I work and my father in law babysits the other day. Too bad for them, they don't have the secret weapon that always works to make Carson happy. They are working it though! I know Leila loves hanging out with her Daddy and Poppy.   

I've been holding myself accountable for what I eat. I'm nursing Carson so I am not super strict with my calorie intake. I noticed a big dip in my supply after three days of too few calories. Slowly, slowly, slowly this baby weight will come off. 

I am trying to squeeze in exercise when I can. Some days I have to get real creative.(I am currently doing sumo squats while Carson is strapped in the Ergo carrier.) My sister, a few friends, and I will be running a 5K this summer. It's the same 5K I ran two years ago, after a way too long hiatus. I am in much better shape after this pregnancy, but my endurance is shot. The Couch to 5K program is awesome and is what got me back into running after having Leila. 

Leila  seems to be getting use to the fact that Carson is here to stay. She's been taking a bit more interest in him lately. She'll help out with bath time, reach out to touch him, and suggests we sing to him when he cries. Loudly. When she asks where he is in the morning, it's just the cutest!

Carson is spending more time awake and alert. He'll be two months old next week. I think he's pretty easy going right now.

Lately the sun has been shining and the weather has been great! Hope you all enjoy a lovely Mother's Day. I know I am looking forward to my gifts. I asked for time to run, alone. I plan on getting a pedicure and later walking to a local spot for a light dinner and drinks with the family. Happy Mother's Day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...