Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I don't want to forget

So many things.

Sometimes I forget to stop and notice.

My first Mother's Day as a mom of TWO! (Still feels crazy to write TWO.)
I don't want to forget...

How Carson's tiny blond hairs feel when I rub my cheek on his head.

The way Leila looks at us for approval after she acts silly or grown up.


That Carson's fingers are either poking him in the eye, clawing at my chest, or curled up tight with his thumb curled between his fingers.

Milk drunk.



Leila is beginning to play more by herself. Play-dough, coloring, water painting, and markers entertain her for longer than I am use to.

That her sense of matching clothes is developing. She often takes the concept quite literally.


Carson's old man forehead wrinkles, just like Leila had.

The adorable conversations Leila has with her friends.


I don't want to forget.

Soon things will change again.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...