Friday, April 16, 2010

A pregnant teacher

I told my students on Monday that I was going to have a baby and it seemed like all the girls in the class all raised their hands at the same time.  At least 3 of them asked the same question, "You're going to have a baby?".  A few asked if I was having a boy or a girl and what I would rather have.  I told the truth of course... Jeff wants a boy.  When I asked who thought it was going to be a boy, all the boys in the class raised their hand.  When I asked who thought it was going to be a girl, all the girls raised their hands. First graders are so dang cute!   Later that day (and now still daily), one girl kept hugging me saying., "I love your baby" and two others were writing about it in their journals.  The funniest story is when one of the super-into-it little girls said to me in private, "I thought you were too young to have a baby."  I couldn't help it but I laughed out loud.  When I asked her how old she thought I was, she said with confidence, "A teenager."  Love her!

Two days later I told the students in our school's student council at our monthly meeting.  Same EXACT reactions, different grade levels.  These students (as well as my own class) have successfully spread the the news around our entire school.  It feels so good to finally be able to talk and think about it openly at work.  And yep, I totally rocked a tight t-shirt today just for the extra comments!


17 weeks
(FYI: I take all of these pictures in the morning before breakfast for consistency.  Jeff thinks the pictures are sad because it looks like I have no one to take them for me. HA! I can just imagine his response if I woke him up for this!!!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...