Thursday, October 21, 2010

On our own

We have spent the last few days on our own with Leila. Those of you who know me know that I am a planner. My plans may never work...I'm okay with that, but making a plan nonetheless is in my blood. I have started a routine for us since beginning to read "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg and Melinda Blau to help our days become more predictable. Leila just goes with the flow...it is me that needs a routine:) I have read many books that bash any kind of routine or schedule for a baby. This is not a "slave to the clock" schedule, just a predictable order of doing things around our house. The "baby whisperer" writes about an E.A.S.Y. routine. E = eating, A = activity or play, S = sleep, and Y = your time (yes!!!). This, in my opinion, (and maybe the authors' too...haven't gotten very far in the book yet) is a great way to get Leila to tell the difference between day and night. During the day we follow the E.A.S.Y. routine and at night Leila gets swaddled and goes back to sleep after nursing. Our activities over the past few days have included diaper changes (yes, this counts!), tummy time, playing on the play mat, taking a walk, getting a bath, walking around in the baby carrier (she is not a huge fan of this yet), singing, swinging, and reading. I'm loving it so far and hopefully she is too:)

Our trip to the beach. I love San Diego in the fall...the beach is empty!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...