Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fan in Training

Being from Chicago means you have many sports teams to cheer for. Unfortunately, they all tend to be "maybe next year" teams.

Growing up I was never a baseball fan. I went to White Sox games because I got perfect attendance in elementary school, and free tickets were the reward. So I was kinda a fan of the Sox, but a big fan of going with my Grandma and Grandpa!

Will Leila be a Sox fan?
Photobucket

In my college years I was a Cubs fan. Cubs fans know how to have fun! The Cubs are a bunch of losers and the fans need to drink themselves silly to feel better about liking such losers. Yep, I like drinkers and drinking.

Will she be a crazy Cubs fan?
Photobucket

Now as an adult, living in San Diego, I am a Padres fan. (Why, why, why do I choose such shitty teams?!!?) For the first time I really like baseball. Petco Park is amazing and thanks to Jeff I can actually watch baseball on television not fall asleep. I think I can name a player or two also!

Will Leila stay true to her SoCal roots and love the Padres?
Photobucket
Photobucket

Leila will have to decide for herself. We'll love her no matter what team she chooses!

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...