Sunday, May 13, 2012

I get it now

I hate to admit it, but when I was simply just a daughter and not yet a mother, Mother's Day was just another day.

Yes, it was a day to celebrate mothers everywhere, especially mine, but not a day that I could really understand.

I get it now. I recently realized that Mother's Day is more important to me than celebrating my own birthday. (My birthday has always been an excuse for a week-long celebration!)

My feelings toward my own mother have changed since becoming a mother myself. It is overwhelming to realize how much she loves me. I am forever grateful for everything she has done (and still does!) for me.

My wish on this Mother's Day is for Leila to feel the love that I feel...forever.

600
Leila and Grandma, January 2012


600
Leila and Baba, July 2011

600
Leila and Grandee, September 2010


Leila and I are so lucky to have such wonder mothers in our lives!

Happy Mother's Day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...