I expected to remember everything about the newborn and postpartum stage. It's true, I was completely sleep deprived during this stage with Leila and time has a funny ways of erasing the not-so-great memories from our minds.
But still, I should have expected...
- Blow-out poops in the middle of the night.
- Postpartum night sweats that leave me feeling hot, freezing, and soaking wet at the same time.
- Nursing a newborn to start to feel a little like Groundhog day...over and over again.
- A roller coaster of emotions to hit me at any time without any warning.
- Clothing not to feel or look right on my shrinking belly and growing breasts.
- Random, meaningless cries and grunts coming from Carson to wake (and worry) me at night.
- Getting out of the house would take twice as long as it use to.
- To feel a little lost in the chaos and lack of routine.
- Changing a diaper on a wiggly newborn would take two people.
- All the laundry.
What else did I forget about this crazy stage? Please warn me before it's too late!