Friday, December 23, 2011

Eats- Christmas morning BEST egg dish

I posted one recipe on this blog about a week ago and somebody actually tried it (thanks Grandee!) and another friend sounded genuinely interested in thinking about making it. Go me for making it sound good enough to try!

So this BEST egg dish I'm making for Christmas brunch is just as good as the Cheesy Stuffed Red Peppers I made but way easier. The best part...you make it the night before so on Christmas morning you can worry about cleaning up piles of wrapping paper instead.

Julie's Eggs- aka Jen's Eggs (no one actually calls it that...yet!)
Place 2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese in a 9x13 baking dish. Dot 4T. butter over the cheese. In a small bowl combine 1 cup half-and-half, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and 2T. prepared mustard. Beat 12 eggs and combine with cream mixture. Spread evenly over the cheese in the baking dish. Make the night before. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until fluffy.

I love simple recipes!

I came across this recipe while organizing my recipe box last year. It is typed onto a half sheet of plain white paper with a tiny old clip art picture of a hen in the corner. In neat purple letters I wrote, "Yum!". That was enough to convince me to try this mystery recipe (although I am pretty sure I got this recipe from a Julie I once worked with).

This egg dish is now made by me, my mom, and two aunts. That's FOUR families! (not including Julie's family, where ever they are) Look at my influence! You just can't beat how easy and delicious it is. (Actually you DO beat the eggs ;) Just tell me to stop. Now.)

Random reflection picture of us on one of our morning walks

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...