Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weight-loss challenge {Month 2}

Last month was a tough one for me.  I spent twenty-three days in my hometown near Chicago with my family and friends.  Ever been to Chicago?  In my opinion, the city is know for it's delicious food.  I was not going to miss my yearly opportunity to indulge!

My goal for July was to not gain any weight (I lost 5 pounds in June!) and to enjoy my vacation.  Well, I certainly enjoyed my vacation!  One out of two isn't so bad, right?


The food temptations and vacation vibe (aka lots of drinking, to help me relax of course) got the best of me.  I have gained 1.5 pounds since my July weigh-in.  That leaves me 3.5 pounds from my goal weight.  I'm so close I can taste it!

I'm cutting myself some slack for last month's gain.  Vacations are something everyone looks forward too.  It's a change from the norm, a time to let go, a step away from everyday life.  I'm sure I'm not alone here, right?  Losing weight on vacation is difficult.  I am glad I had fun and tried not to worry too much about my vacation bloat.

I am a brave woman for posting this picture of me in my bathing suit!
Luckily this is a new month and I have a chance to try again!

My goal for August:
I can tell by photos that I lost what little definition I had in my arms.  I want it back!

My plan:
My plan is to work out with weights three days a week to get that definition back in addition to running 2-3 days a week.  (You can read about what I do with weights here.) 

Anyone else coming back from vacation with the dreaded vacation bloat?  What's your plan to get back into shape?





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...