Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nap transition {What's working?}

Leila has been showing signs for sometime of making the great nap transition from two naps to one. About a week I went for it. We pushed back the morning nap to 11:00 and hoped for the best. To my surprise, it worked!

Last Monday Leila napped from 11:00-2:00. I was pumped. I was sure it would work...she normally slept four hours throughout the day and now she was sleeping three. I would simply push her bedtime up a bit to make up for her lost hour of sleep. Seemed like I had beat the great nap transition!

I know, I know, you don't even need to say it. Every mom has stuck their foot in their mouth more times than they can count. We try to figure things out and solve problems before they happen. (Am I alone on this?)

But of course I forgot to consult the boss before changing her nap schedule. Leila still prefers two naps.

She's been going down in the morning between 10:30 and 11:30 but always seems to wake up around 1:30. Logic tells me to start the nap around 10:30, duh.

But she cannot make it to bedtime (7:30) without getting tired. Although Leila doesn't always fall asleep, she now gets a break from the action at 4:00 in her crib instead of taking a two hour afternoon nap.

This girl does not stop moving. Ever. We both need a break!
Photobucket

That is what's working today (or should I say yesterday?!) She's napping right now.

Awake between 7/7:30 am
Morning nap from 10:30-1:30
Afternoon break at 4:00
Bedtime between 7/7:30 pm

Fingers crossed.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...