Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year...finally!

I've never been more excited to ring in the new year.

Leila and me 2012

Jeff's phone, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

It has been three times now that I have said that 2010 was the most difficult year of my life. Each time I said it I was reminded that last year was actually 2011. Yep, that is proof that I have already blocked it out.

Last year will forever be the year of change.

Leila and me 2011

Photobucket

Change is good, but not always as it is happening.

I went from maternity leave, to being a nursing working mother, to becoming an unemployed stay-at-home mom.

I went from hating my postpartum body to accepting that it is a work in progress.

I went from feeling in control to losing it more often than not.

I started the year with a baby but ended it with a toddler.

I went from thinking I had it all together to knowing it's okay that I don't.

I have changed. Jeff has changed. We have changed. Change is good. It's not easy, but definitely worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...