Monday, September 3, 2012

Ready or not, here we go...again {It's a BABY!}

Surprise!

The words I said to Jeff at 7 am the morning I took a pregnancy test were more like, "Don't kill me for waking you...but I'm pregnant."

After whipping the pregnancy test at his pillow, I am pretty sure I started crying.

He responded with "Seriously?!  This is good, right?!"

My blank stare and tear streaked cheeks made him question everything, rightfully so.  I cannot hide my emotions no matter how hard I try and this was NOT at all what I expected...

Sure, I had been napping during the day, puking, only eating carbs, and not able to cook anything for dinner the past few days.  But being pregnant did not cross my mind.  I couldn't be pregnant!  I just had my "period" and had been drinking all vacation long. 

I expected to start trying to conceive baby #2 as soon as I came home from our summer trip to Chicago.  I expected it to take a while, since I am officially of advanced maternal age now.  I expected to have a baby next summer.  I expected things to go according to my plan.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" -John Lennon

So here we are 12 weeks into pregnancy #2, happy (nauseous, tired, and still a little bit in denial) as can be.

My plans were just that...plans.  My real life is way better than anything I could have planned!

It will be March 13th before we know it, right?!  

Leila is convinced she has a baby in her belly too.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...