Monday, November 5, 2012

Two-year old Favorites {Children's book Edition}

Books are one of the greatest sources of entertainment for toddlers.  Leila loves to hear the same stories over and over again.  She enjoys pretending to reading them, looking at the pictures, and simply pulling them off the bookshelves.

Reading from the dictionary (baby genius!)
Leila's favorite picture book changes almost every time we introduce a new one. When we do introduce a new book, she always asks for it to be read at least three times in a row in that sitting alone.

Being a former elementary teacher means I have more children's books than one person could imagine.  Most of them are still boxed up for when she's older but I have brought home some repetitive, rhyming, or simple text books with great illustrations for us to enjoy now.

Pin It

  1. Mother Goose by Scott Gustafson:  Her all-time fave, especially since Jeff changes all of the names in the rhymes to Leila.
  2. No David by David Shannon:  She loves all the books in the series.  I just discovered there is a Christmas version called, It's Christmas, David!  We need this one for sure.
  3. Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes  by James Dean and Eric Litwin:  This one has a free song to download that is really catchy.
  4. LMNO Peas by Keith Baker:  I swear I read this at least once a day because I like to read it too.  It one has excellent rhyme and rhythm.
  5. The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown:  We have the board book version.  The repetitive text makes it a favorite of Leila's.  I like it because it's about a mother bunny and her child.
  6. Fire! Fire! Said Mrs. McGuire by Bill Martin Jr.:  A great rhyming book with simple text and a surprise ending.  They don't make the version I have anymore so I linked the newest edition.
  7. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems:  These books crack me up.  It's the only one I have in the series but I know she'd love the others just as much.  The pictures are simple and the text meant to be read with a lot of expression.
  8. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr., John Archambault and Lois Ehlert:  Another one with great rhyme and rhythm which makes it fun to read and listen too.
What is your toddler's favorite children's book? Maybe I need to add it to her 2012 Holiday wish-list.
  
Want more lists like this?  Check out the others in this Two-year old Favorites series: {Food Edition} and {Toy Edition}.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...