Thursday, November 8, 2012

Truth time {SAHM life}

Truth is, everyday is not easy.  It's not all glitter and rainbows being a stay-at-home mom.  Some days are more like needles and blizzards.  Others fall into the moldy bread and hail storm category.

The purpose of this blog is to document our days, good, bad and everything in between.  Naturally I leave out the bad because a.) I don't want to remember those days. b.) No one likes a "negative Nancy".

Today though, I need to document our tough, "I wish I could just go to work" kind of day.  I'll read this post again one day as a reminder that I made it out alive.  A reminder that bad days exist.  A reminder that it's okay to have these kind of days.

Today...
  • Leila cried, whined, or fussed from the second she got up (early, nonetheless) to the second we managed to leave the house.
  • I fed her goldfish crackers to keep her busy.
  • The mirror in the bathroom sink has toothpaste splatters all over it...still.
  • Is the fifth day in a row I have worn a pony-tail.
  • Leila screamed in her crib at nap time when I closed the door.
  • I don't plan on making dinner.
  • Leila will watch more television than she should.
Today will end, eventually.

Tomorrow...I'll be back to glitter, rainbows, and toddler smiles.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...