Wednesday, April 25, 2012

19 months

It sounds sort of strange to still refer to Leila's age in terms of months. It ages her much faster than I can believe.  Imagine having a "new" age every month!

When I tell people Leila is nineteen months old, before they ever have the chance to do the math, I usually continue to say that she's a year and a half.

One time a mother told me her son was 30 months old. To this day I still have no idea how old her kid is! I do not want to figure out the math, and I won't make you either. (I can do the math. I simply don't want to.)

For the record: Leila will be one and a half for quite awhile (five months to be exact).

I think I may have found a way to freeze time.

At one and a half years old...

Leila said, oh shit, clear as day, in a situation that I would have said it myself. (Whoops!)

She points out circles and hearts everywhere we go.

Leila has her third illness and a new friend. Toddler friends share everything!

Her eating habits are getting worse, but only for me. She throws her food on the floor at home, but eats just fine at Grandma and Grandpa's or at a restaurant.

Leila loves milk, blueberries, crackers, peanut butter, yogurt, cheese, quesadillas, applesauce, but pizza is by far her favorite. I cannot remember the last vegetable she actually ate, but she almost always tries what is on her plate.

Picnic lunches are becoming more common.

Leila is learning some new signs from our new friends. Although I mentioned she started saying a lot of words last month , the signs help because she often wants something unrelated to what we are doing at the moment.

Today at the park she signed hungry when getting off the slide. Had I not noticed her sign, I may have though she was babbling about playing and climbing!

The blocks, books, and Little People play-set are her favorite toys when we play inside.

Her hair is growing, slowly. I am still hoping for mini-pigtails by her second birthday.

400 vertical



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...